Wednesday 16 December 2009

But I Definately Believe in The HEAT!

Day 7: Hot
Todays mission was to find an ATM which didn't chanrge us... FAIL
What actually happened was...
We started on a long hot walk southwards in the hope of finding another settlement (heehee). Unfortunately we left at around 11.30am (and you know what they say about mad dogs and englishmen) so it got a little toasty! After about a half hour walk we found an ATM, with receipts lying around showing no fee (receipts here are crazy - they have your acc no. sort code and balance on! And wether a fee was charged or not) so in goes my card. I go through the whole malarky once, and then the screen goes blank - argh, cancel, give my card back! (it did) I do it again and decide to press some buttons, and on comes the screen-saying it charged me a fee of 150b! Grr... And so the search continues!
Anyway, that is not the main tale of today.... today we went to the waterfall! I've been wanting to go to Klong Phu since we got here, but havent been able to find where it is (again the main problem with thai maps being that none of them say where you are right now - so reading them is a lot of guesswork!). But today, as we continued to search for a well meaning cash machine, I came across a MASSIVE sign signposting it. So off we went. Mark moaned a lot about the heat, and the distance ("but it might be 20k away" blah blaah) But I enjoyed the walk through the jungle. It was very hot, I admitt, but we found a littl shop and stocked up on water, and for once there was some shade :-).
After a while we arrived at the national park entrance, and then it was only a short 500m walk through nice jungle paths up to a rather nice waterfall. by this point I was wilting somewhat, so the cold water in the pool at the bottom was fantastic! I tried to swim underneath the water, but the current leading up to it was quite strong, so i settled for getting close. Lol. I think mark managed to get under the water though. It was absolutely beautiful up there, quite a lot of people, but still really peaceful, and a refreshing break from the sea.
After cooling down for a while (around 2hrs) we decided it was probably time to leave (being as the walk there took at least an hour) but wse found some stunning black and blue butterflies milling around just begging to have their photographs taken, so we had to oblige! I love my camera! Anyway because we had got out our cameras mark couldn't leave his alone on the way back, and it took us an hour and 40mins to get home! We did get to take some great pictures of the sceenery though, and I took quite a few of some more elephants (who did not look as happy as the one we saw yesterday, poor things!).
Being as we were (or at least I was) just about dying from the heat and exercise combo, we went straight home for showers, and then it was time for dinner - missed the sunset AGAIN :(. Dinner was chicken and cashews and was rather nice thankyou very much :). Today we are blogging after dinner, nice and full and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers